1. The Journal – We use a journal to collect and record evidence from our daily lives of the thoughts and beliefs we want to build up. This creates space in our mind for positive beliefs and feelings to exist. This easy five minute activity begins rewiring our brains to focus where we ask it to. Our improved thoughts foster an improved mood, and we find energy and hope.
The journal categories include:
- Beauty (or a category of your choice)
- Humor (or a category of your choice)
- Daily Affirmation
- Happy Memory
- “The Why”
2. Time Capsule Writing – We occasionally write time capsule letters to ourselves to be opened at a later date. I’ve found this practice to be incredibly helpful in easing anxiety, reducing loneliness, and cultivating hope for the future. We usually know the exact advice we need to take when we are struggling, but we often have trouble giving it to ourselves when we’re in the middle of something difficult. Time capsule letters allow us to reach through time and give ourselves exactly what we need in that moment.
3. Self-Inquiry – Once the daily journal and time capsule writing have lifted our moods and given us a vision of a future without suffering, we will explore the concept of self-inquiry and apply the methods to our own damaging thought patterns. We will use the step-by-step methods to deconstruct and disarm our hurtful thoughts, and then choose new beliefs that support the life we choose.